Friday, January 20, 2006

Book

I'm reading a book called "Mississippi Trial 1955" It's a story about Emmitt Till. You guys know anything about him? I know he got murdered. Got beat real bad. The cops couldn't identify his body because he was beaten so bad. The murders shot him too. Really horrible. This was all because he whistled at a white woman!!! Awful! You can go here to look at Till's face after he was murdered: http://www.panopt.com/photogra/withers/fulewtill05.html I warn you, the picture is graphic!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Anyway...is the book good? Is it a story of his life or what?

Andrea said...

I guess I should read first...I looked at the picture then read what you wrote. Sounds like an interesting book. Poor guy. I would have hated living in times that were that bad.

OliveSoul#4 said...

the story i though another kids eyes havn't got to the murder part yet.

OliveSoul#4 said...

The book sounde interesting!

OliveSoul#4 said...

oops "sounded"

OliveSoul#4 said...

where I'm at the kid just met Emmit.

Andrea said...

Let me know how it is. Maybe I'll read it next

Andrea said...

Did ya finish the book yet?

alli-gal said...

Sounds pretty interesting. That picture is horrible...Aren't you thankful we don't live in those times?

The world has created other problems to replace some of the stuff people dealt with back then, but we should all be thankful every day for the freedoms we do have!!!

sela said...

I can't bring myself to look at the picture. I'm a wimp about that kind of stuff.

Let us know how it was when you're finished.

OliveSoul#4 said...

I'm at the part where he was killed.

OliveSoul#4 said...

I'm almost done with the book!!! The trile just finished. The 2 guys who murdered him were found NOT GUILTY! Can you beleive that?!