Thursday, July 27, 2006

My School Books and Locker

I have 4 classes everyday at high school. We have the first 4 classes one day, then the last 4 classes the next day, and so on. I heard from a girl at the high school say that she doesn't even know where her locker is in the school because she carries her backpack from class to class. (She told a group of kids and me that when we went on the tour of the school.) This made me happy because then I wouldn't have to run to my locker as often, or at all! (I wouldn't be tardy as much ether.) The books is what got to me though, because I didn't want to carry all 8 around when I didn't need them. Mom told me that Jonathan (my cousin who goes to high school.) left the 4 books he didn't need at home, and not in his locker. Then, he put the books he needed for the next day in his backpack when he got home, so that's what I was gonna do. Well we all went to go get school supplies today, And when we showed dad all of it, we started a conversation about my soon to be school books. (I forget what I said to start it anyway.) Dad say that...no, scratch that, he DEMANDED that I leave the 4 books I don't need in my locker. I said "Why?" Then he said "Well what if they say we're going to have to cancel this class today because of such and such, so they're going to have this class today." I COULD NOT SPEAK!! I didn't know what to say! It was so ridiculous! Different people have different classes! "They wouldn't do that!" I finally said. Then, just like a little kid, he said "How do you know?" I complained that my locker was too small, (They're not even 10 inches wide! Measure how long 10 inches are! Not that long!) but he said that they will fit. I don't wanna go to my locker at all! He also said to bring books home if I had homework, and "What if you need a book that you don't have with you?" I don't wanna put 4 books in there! Let alone 8! (if I don't have homework) As soon as he left, I said "I'm gonna do it anyway." So who's idea is better? Mine or his?

12 comments:

sela said...

Well, let me preface this by saying: Mind your father!!!

That said, I would say keep your books at school in your locker, and bring only the books you have homework for home. That way you're not lugging a bunch of books around that you know don't need. Your back doesn't need that kind of abuse! And, I know about tiny lockers. We had them at my school too. They suck, but you'll get used to it. Plus, you're probably going to want to put your coat in there in the winter. Don't worry, it'll fit!

Andrea said...

Ask your dad how many books he brought home from school....I'll answer that. Not many - or maybe NONE!

I'd only bring home what you need and leave the rest behind. I sure as heck would only lug around what I needed for that day.

Hey maybe he'll buy you a man-slave and you can get him to carry your books around for you! There's an idea!

I got you the coolest pen in the whole world tonight for school. Oh man, you are going to laugh your head off!

alli-gal said...

I like Andrea's idea about the man slave...if you find one, see if he has a brother and give him my number....

Anyway, I'm with the other girls...I would only bring home what I knew I neede for that night. Eight books can get really heavy over a whole days time.

Aren't the people that design those lockers idiots?!?!

Andrea said...

Don't click on that link

OliveSoul#4 said...

Why? I haven't but Why?

OliveSoul#4 said...

Mom deleted it for me. I didn't know how. So she did it.

OliveSoul#4 said...

I don't wanna go to my locker.

OliveSoul#4 said...

what I'm tryin to say is that i just want to take the 4 books i need on Monday and the other 4 books on Tuesday.

example: Say I have math on Monday. Why would I need it on Tuesday??

I want to keep the 4 books I ONLY need on Monday and leave the other 4 at home so I won't lug them around in my backpack, or keep them in my locker. Like I said, I don't EVER want to go to my locker to get books.

sela said...

ok, why are you so anti-locker??

...typing w/one hand-holding the littlest one :)

OliveSoul#4 said...

i don't wanna be tardy or whatever. 'Cause if u get enough of those, u can get suspended or ex-spelled. I'm scared.

Andrea said...

You'll be fine.

Tell your dad he sounds just like Uncle Bill!

OliveSoul#4 said...

ok!