Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not Standing Tall

Yesterday I hurt my back pretty good in gym class. We were going to 'stations' to do different things, and everyone had a partner. (Now remember, I have "Fat Gym Class", so we do pretty easy things in there and sometimes we don't.) My partner was my cousin, Joseph. We had gotten to our 6th station, which were jump ropes. I haven't jumped rope in a LONG time, but I found myself going and going! It was sweet! The aftermath wasn't so sweet at all. My back started hurting. In the other stations, I was good, but as soon as we got back to our original station, I couldn't stand it. The teacher said that we had to be doing something at each station, so I decided to lie down and do some crunches. Well, at least I was lying down! When gym was finally over, I sat down on the floor because my back still wasn’t feeling too good. It hurt the most when I tried to get up from the floor. Oh, it hurt so much! In 3rd period (Study Hall), I felt it more, and I prayed for myself. I felt myself almost going to sleep in that class about 3 times, but I woke myself up, ‘cause I knew that I would probably snore.
When class was almost over, most of the pain seemed to go away. It didn’t. My next thing to do was lunch. Okay, so I had to stand in line, but my friend, Breezy, came up to me and cut. (It was popcorn chicken, dude! You’d probably stand in line too if that was one of the best lunches at your school!) Back to my back: It hurt at lunch too, and Breezy wanted to go get some cookies. I went. She said that she wished that she had some pain pills in her bag for me, which was nice. Later in math class, I couldn’t take the pain anymore, and I cried to myself a couple of times. I was so glad when school was over! At least I could be home and in pain, instead of being at school and in pain. Plus, I have a cold at the moment, so that makes everything suck even worse! >=(
When I got home from being at my grandma and grandpa’s house, mom told me to take a hot shower, so I did. When I got out, there was a pill waiting for me on my dresser next to a glass of Kool-aid. I took it and then I went to go lie down on the new heating pad dad bought. It also massages your back or where ever. (Yeah, that’s right! You women and you massagers think that that would be nice right now, do ya?!) Soon I went on the computer and played Club Penguin while getting off every once in a while to see that moon! During that time, I felt my back getting better. “It must’ve been the pill.” I thought. Soon it hurt again, so I went to bed with some more drugs in my system. When I woke up this morning, it hurt, so I took more drugs. Yes, I went to school. I have a quiz today, plus, I get to watch the rest of Transformers in Spanish class!

15 comments:

enN2sp said...

Don't forget mamaw massaged yuor back at her house too.

You didn't tell me that you did something else before you did jump rope. It could have been one of those things that you did to mess up your back. The jumping just made it worse.

Andrea said...

You probably used muscles you haven't used in a long time. Anytime I do exercises (which is rare) I find I have muscles I didn't know I have ..... because they flippin hurt!

We all need to exercise more and step away from the computer even more. But hey I'm addicted whatta ya want me to do? Hmmm?

You're watching Transformers in Spanish?

*Jen* said...

Livi-

Be sure to let your PE teacher know about your injury. You need to let it heal and not aggravate it anymore b/c you could cause more damage.

OliveSoul#4 said...

Well, yeah! I did activities before that. Sorry I didn't tell you.

~x~

Dad said that I must've pulled a muscle in my back. Who knows though.

The medicine I'm taking is for muscles, so I know now that it ha to do with those guys.

Heck yes I am! ...Or was. We didn't finish it all the way, but we had to stop watching it. :-[
There's this point system we have in Spanish class, and if we get a certian amount, then we can get to watch "A Movie in English" (PG13 or lower)

~x~

Yeah, I know. I think mom was gonna E-mail her or something, but I'll tell her too.

enN2sp said...

I emailed her but who knows.

The last time I emailed at teacher it was ignored.

OliveSoul#4 said...

Yeah, but this is a different teacher.

enN2sp said...

Okay this is what your gym teacher said. "Mrs. Rutherford,

Thank you for letting me know! I will certainly speak with Olivia to see what she thinks she can and cannot do today. Thanks for the advance notice!

Mrs. Hemmerich

The TapeEar said...

yeah i have her too but im in regular gym class. we had to do those things called wall sits and they are those things were you lean against the wall with your legs not against the wall but out in front of you and you act like youre sitting. We had to hold that for 45 seconds.

The TapeEar said...

My arms and legs hurt!

alli-gal said...

Back pain just plain sucks!!! I have hurt my back moving fatties here at work a few times. Sometimes it'll last for days. I hope yours feels better soon.

I'm glad your teacher responded to your mom's email. At least she cared enough to do that. Has she taken it easy on you since then?

OliveSoul#4 said...

Yeah. The teacher has taken it easy on me. She told me not to jump, but "walk in place" instead. She also said not to strain myself, and if I felt uncomfortable to do certin things (like crunches) then I shouldn't do them. =D

Bitzky77 said...

Wall sits suck! I used to put my hands on my knees whenever the gym teacher turned his/her back. I was only cheating myself though.

OliveSoul#4 said...

=D

Me and Joseph do that! We talk about how we won't do them when the teacher looks away.

Andrea said...

How's your back feelin? How're Manda's extremities?

OliveSoul#4 said...

It hurts when I put my head down on a desk. Might have something to do wth my spine as well.

Manda's ok. She has to run a 800 meter thingy on Friday. =(