Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Unexpected Freedom

Okay. Yesterday we had a 2 hour delay, (YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!) but that's not the unexpected freedom I found out!! So here's my story:

I walk into my classroom, log into the schools computer with my name, and get prepared to do the daily work. After all the morning stuff happened, I was checking my blog like this: "La La La! What's on my blog today?.......Ok Nothing! Well, what's on so-and-so's blog today?......Nothing! Ok!......" Yeah. Then I get back to my blog, and I notice something that hadn't been there before: My icons. What the heck were they doing on there?! The school's computers wouldn't show them before. I thought it was weird 'cause I got those icons from photobucket, and the school had blocked out photobucket for I don't know what reason. Then I make my way to Bo's blog. The Youtube videos he puts on there were showing up! They wouldn't pop up before either!! I pressed the play button and it actually played!! The schools blocking system is apparently having some problems. The system is still like that today, but I'm not telling any staff!

7 comments:

OliveSoul#4 said...

Well....The date should be 2/27/08 on this entry, but whatever.

Andrea said...

Dude! FREEEEEEDOM ROCKS! First a 2 hour delay and then no filtering on school computers! The geeks might not know they lowered the firewall. Oh yeah!

I remember when MTV first came out. We had a TV that actually had knobs to change the channels (probably what the Amish use today). If you wiggled the knob between a certain couple of channels you could get MTV for FREE - cause in those days you had to pay for that evil MTV!

Oh Becky and I were lovin it!

Then, one sad day, they scrambled my MTV and that was that with that. Suckas took my freebie MTV from me. I'm still mad about it. >:{

Andrea said...

Hey Olive12, I read another blog called TechCrunch (you should check it out). It's loaded with all kinds of techie news - web related mostly. You can learn about all kinds of cool stuff there.

They mentioned a site I bet you'd like: http://www.crunchyroll.com/

It's a YouTube like website for Anime and Asian video content. You'll probably dig it.

Check it out!

OliveSoul#4 said...

Guess what happened after a few moments I posted this on my blog!

Yup! It got back to normal. DANG! Well...not so dang. I don't really get on restricted websites at school like Myspace and crap like that.

Sweet! MTV freedom! To bad they killed it =( Now, if I could only get some channels for free, that would be wonderful.

=o Anime, huh? I might have to check that out at M&P's house, 'cause their's is faster.

sela said...

Ripoff!!! How dare they tease you like that!?!

OliveSoul#4 said...

I know! Ain't that cruel?! I enjoyed my icons while it lasted.

OliveSoul#4 said...

Oh yeah.

The crunchy roll stuff. Eh...All you do is talk about anime and watch it. BUT you only can talk about it when you're a member with with the website. I don't know if it costed anything or not. =P
The watching I don't do. Cuz I watch all the things I wanna watch on Saturday, and if I watched it on the computer, then I would have nothing to look forward to. ^_^