Friday, October 05, 2007

Bloggin' At School Every Morining

Yes, that's right. I blog at school in Digital Photography class. In fact I wrote this post and the last post in Digital Photography. I look at ALL your blogs, to see if anything's new. Now I know how y'all (I had the urge to type "y'all"!) felt when I didn't post for a long time. Sorry about that. Anyways, I'm bored now. Everyone's working on a project that I got done at the very begining of class. It was very easy. Plus, I have a sub, so there's not much goin' on. There's a lot of absent people too.......YESSSSSS!
Startin' on another project....Peace!...........
ohmygosh! Here's my project! (It's going to be awesome when it's finished!) :

In this project, each of you will be asked to complete a demonstration using a combination of copy and pictures. ("Copy and pictures"?? I don't get it.) You will need to work with a camera partner on this project. First, you must come up with some type of "How to process" some examples are these (Oh. I get it now.) :

  • How to tie a shoe
  • How to change a light bulb
  • How to make a sandwich (A sandwich?! xD)
  • How to wash your hands

Before any pictures are taken, you must submit your step-by-step process. For each step of the process, you will then have your partner take a picture. The process should contain at least 10 steps, but no more than 20.

When finished, you will compose a packet which contains the pictures that will have the step of the process typed below the picture. I will assist with the layout of the project once the steps of the process are created and all of the pictres are taken. You will recive 2 grades for this project. One for your submitted step-by-step process and one for your pictures identified with the steps. Good luck!

Don't worry family, no one got up and started taking the cameras out when I was typing this. They stayed on their computers, doing whatever they were doing before the project was given. My partner is still working on the last project anyways...I think...Okay, she's not. Plus, there's a lot of absent people, remember? So, yeah. No one's going to pick up a camera today. I know what you're thinking!: "Start now and get it over with!", right? Well, the problem is that I can't think of a "how to process". I have to friggin' think, okay. Some suggestions would be nice. =)

17 comments:

Andrea said...

How about "How to properly condimentize a hot dog".

You could suggest the "ketchup only" method. Or maybe you're a "mustard only" kind of person.

But to get 10 steps out of it, I suggest the "chili sauce, onion, cheese, ketchup, mustard" method. You could go into sub-highlights of how to open condiment packets without splatter as well.

Andrea said...

Maybe you could go to the kitchen and ask them how they make those frozen square pizzas then document that project!

OliveSoul#4 said...

That'd be awesome, but I didn't bring a hotdog to school today, sorry.

I don't know about the kitchen thing. I don't think he'll let us down in the high school part of the building. =(

I think I got what I'm going to do anyways "How to do the Bell Work" I don't think any of these people would think of such a thing.

Andrea said...

What's bell work?

OliveSoul#4 said...

It's the moring work we have to do in class when the bell rings, which is why it's called "Bell Work"

We have to find 2 pictures on a topic the my teacher picks. Then we have to name the photographers who took those pictures.

OliveSoul#4 said...

Wow, my pictures suck.

I'm probably going to get a C.
;-;

Andrea said...

What's up with your pictures?

OliveSoul#4 said...

Well, have you ever taken a picture of a computer when it's on?
...
Not good. I forgot that they have a line that goes across them. Plus, my partner didn't really do what I told her. (I took the pictures and she was supposed to do the steps.) My pictures look crappy.

Andrea said...

No time for retakes?

Bitzky77 said...

A SANDWICH IS A QUICK & EASY IDEA. I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S ALREADY DUE BY NOW.

IF YOU GET IN A PINCH, CALL ME ON MY CELL. I CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO SNAP A 10 STEP SANDWICH PROCESS & DOCUMENT IT. MAYBE MAIL YOU SOME SHOTS FROM MY KITCHEN. I REALLY DON'T MIND BECAUSE SANDWICHES ARE DELICIOUS AND I LIKE TO EAT THEM.

YOU KNOW, I HAVE A PHOTOJOURNALISM DEGREE.

GOOD LUCK.

OliveSoul#4 said...

I already turned it in. Once we get a project, we work on it for the rest of class time. Class is 90 minutes long, so we have enough time to take our pictures and load them on the computer. Then the next day, we have to work on them in photoshop after we do the morning work. We change the size of the picture, angle, and write what the picture is...sorta.
So, yeah, I turned it in. Maybe I'll take better pictures next time.

Andrea said...

Olive, there's a college idea for you....Photojournalism! Did you know they offer that in college?

OliveSoul#4 said...

What's that??

Andrea said...

According to wikipedia, here's their definition:

Photojournalism is a particular form of journalism (the collecting, editing, and presenting of news material for publication or broadcast) that creates images in order to tell a news story.

Check out what you can do with a photojournalism degree by clicking here.

http://www.umt.edu/career/majors/photojournalism.htm

You could always be a photographer and take baby pictures, wedding pictures, kids in the park stuff like that.

Andrea said...

Looks like that link got cut off....here it is again:

http://www.umt.edu/career/majors/photojournalism.htm

Andrea said...

stupid blogger....the link is just missing an M on the .htm

OliveSoul#4 said...

Oh. Okay.
Tankie Poo!